Singaporeans can usually go to Malaysia with no visa. As visa necessities can change at brief discover, we advise you to contact your journey company, or the High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore for up-to-date info.
Singaporeans who’ve utilized for Malaysia Automated Clearance System (MACS) are reminded that the power is barely out there at land checkpoints at Johor (Bangunan Sultan Iskandar and Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar). MACS is supposed to facilitate sooner immigration clearance for exit/entry into Johor and can’t be used as a transit facility for onward flights out of Malaysia.
- Singapore passports have to be legitimate for greater than 6 months on the time of entry.
- When you enter or depart Malaysia, test that your passport is stamped earlier than leaving the immigration sales space. This ensures you aren’t breaching Malaysia’s immigration legal guidelines.
- Do not cross the immigration cubicles which can be unattended. You shouldn’t enter or go away Malaysia with out having your journey paperwork processed by a Malaysian immigration officer and making certain that your passport is stamped accurately.
- Singapore nationals don’t require a visa to enter Malaysia for as much as 30 days. However, for onward journey from Malaysia to a third nation, travellers might require to carry a sound visa. It is thus advisable to acquire a visa for onward journey, if crucial, earlier than the beginning of your journey. Applying for a visa en-path to your vacation spot on the borders of Malaysia and the nation you propose to go to could also be tough.
- If you’re coming into Malaysia for internship or employment goal, please be certain that the correct approval is obtained from the Malaysian immigration authorities.
Loss of Passport:
- If your Singapore passport is misplaced or stolen when you’re in Malaysia, make a police report instantly on the nearest native police station.
- Bring the police report and a pair of passport-sized images to the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur or Consulate-General of The Republic of Singapore in Johor Bahru to acquire a alternative journey doc.
- A brief journey doc, which is chargeable, might be issued to allow your return to Singapore. This journey doc is barely legitimate for one-approach journey.
- As there are some administrative procedures concerned in issuing a brief journey doc, our workplaces might not be capable to concern the doc instantly and you’ll have to increase your keep in Malaysia.
- For exiting Malaysia with a brief journey doc, you could be required to use for a particular cross from the Malaysian Immigration Headquarters in Putrajaya.
- You can apply for a brand new passport after you will have returned to Singapore.
For a complete listing of dutiable and obligation-free items, in addition to customs necessities, please discuss with www.customs.gov.my/en/tp/Pages/tp_tg.aspx for extra info. All guests to Malaysia are required to declare dutiable items on the customs. There is a restriction on bringing massive quantities of Malaysian ringgit into or out of the nation. Under the Bank Negara Regulations, people are solely allowed to hold the equal of as much as USD 10,000. For quantities exceeding USD 10,000, there’s a must declare on the customs.
Singaporeans are at the moment allowed to enter Malaysia on social go to passes. Eligible travellers might refer right here (https://mysafetravel.gov.my) for extra particulars. Please method the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore (https://www.kln.gov.my/web/sgp_singapore/home/), Immigration Department of Malaysia (JIM) (https://www.imi.gov.my/), JIM’s My Travel Pass webpage (https://mtp.imi.gov.my) and JIM’s Expatriate Services Division (https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal) for info or clarifications on the entry necessities.
Please refer right here (https://pelanpemulihannegara.gov.my/) for the most recent Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) beneath the National Recovery Plan (NRP). We urge all Singaporeans to abide by native legal guidelines and restrictions; and to stick strictly to the SOPs.
Singaporeans in Malaysia are allowed to go away the nation throughout this era.
If your social go to cross has expired, earlier than you possibly can go away Malaysia, it’s essential to report back to JIM to acquire a Special Pass. If your social go to cross has expired and you’ve got legitimate causes and must proceed to remain on in Malaysia, you must regularise your keep and apply for the related long run passes as quickly as doable, or threat being subjected to penalties for immigration offences. Please make an appointment on-line with the Immigration Department of Malaysia (http://sto.imi.gov.my).
Singapore has carried out a COVID-19 Vaccinated Travel Framework to faciliatate the resumption of journey. Travellers might refer right here (https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/) for entry necessities into Singapore.
Death and Critical Illness Emergency Visit (DCEV) Scheme
Under the Death and Critical Illness Emergency Visit (DCEV) Scheme, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated Singapore Citizens, Singapore PRs, and holders of Singapore’s Long Term Pass who’re fast relations of the deceased/critically in poor health affected person (i.e. mother and father, kids, shut siblings and authorized guardian) might apply to enter Malaysia.
For extra info, travellers into Singapore can enquire at http://go.gov.sg/sto-enquiry. Travellers into Malaysia can submit their enquiries at http://eapp.imi.gov.my/spo.
Information on the COVID-19 Situation in Malaysia
Singaporeans can keep up to date on the COVID-19 scenario in Malaysia through the web site of Malaysia’s Ministry of Health (http://covid-19.moh.gov.my/). If travellers develop any COVID-19 signs in the course of the keep in Malaysia, please discuss with info on COVID-19 case administration protocol (https://covidprotocol.moh.gov.my/en).
Singaporeans might also join with the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur by our telegram channel (https://t.me/SHCKL), Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeHighComKL) and web site (https://www.mfa.gov.sg/kl).
Singaporeans who require consular help might contact the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur or the Consulate-General in Johor Bahru utilizing the contact particulars offered beneath. Singaporeans in Malaysia are strongly inspired to e-register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/ in order that they are often contacted, ought to the necessity come up.
Find more Covid travel restrictions malaysia – Indochina Airlines