Overseas Travel – Be Informed & Be Safe [Updated on 14 October 2021]
Singaporeans planning abroad journey are reminded to take the required precautions, together with being ready to cope with accidents, pure disasters or terrorist assaults. Singaporeans are additionally reminded to be conversant in your vacation spot’s native legal guidelines, customs, and COVID-19 restrictions, together with immigration procedures and entry necessities. Demonstrations do happen in main cities the world over. Such demonstrations can typically escalate into violence. It is necessary for Singaporeans to maintain abreast of native information, keep away from any protests or demonstrations and heed the recommendation of the native authorities. When taking part in outside leisure actions abroad, Singaporeans needs to be conscious that sure sporting actions, particularly in open seas, could carry dangers. Besides making certain that one has the bodily competencies and acceptable situation to undertake the exercise, each effort needs to be made to establish if the journey organiser or information is dependable and competent, and that acceptable security and contingency plans are in place. When doubtful, Singaporeans ought to seek the advice of the related skilled our bodies or sporting associations for particular recommendation. For these planning to journey, listed below are some suggestions: Before travelling
- Familiarise your self with our community of abroad missions.
- Purchase complete journey insurance coverage and be conversant in the phrases and protection.
- Equip your self with analysis about your vacation spot’s entry necessities, present state of affairs, native legal guidelines and customs.
- eRegister with us on our web site (www.mfa.gov.sg) in order that we could attain out to you throughout an emergency.
- Always take care of your private security, stay vigilant and monitor native climate information, advisories, and safety developments.
- Exercise warning round giant gatherings and keep away from areas identified for demonstrations or disturbances.
- Be ready for attainable delays and final-minute adjustments in journey plans particularly throughout unexpected occasions corresponding to pure disasters, social unrests or terror assaults.
- Stay linked together with your family and friends. Inform them of your whereabouts and supply them together with your abroad contact particulars.
- In the occasion that you simply require consular help, please contact the closest Singapore Overseas Mission or name the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Duty Office at +65 6379 8800/+65 6379 8855.
Advisory: Email Scams There have been experiences of people receiving rip-off emails/messages purportedly despatched from pals in misery abroad. These emails/messages sometimes originate from an e mail handle/social media identified to the receiver bearing claims of the sender moving into hassle abroad and urgently requesting monetary help. The sender would additionally declare to have approached a Singapore Embassy/Consulate and the native Police for assist to no avail. MFA takes the security of all Singaporeans very critically. Singaporeans in misery approaching our Overseas Missions for help shall be rendered with all obligatory consular help. If you obtain such emails/messages from purported pals searching for funds transfers, we strongly advise you to name them first to confirm the authenticity of the emails/messages earlier than responding to their request. It can also be not advisable to offer out any private info corresponding to NRIC/passport nos., handle, phone quantity, and so forth. Any kind of reply, even one of non-curiosity, may lead to extra unsolicited emails. Members of the general public who suspect that they’ve fallen prey to such scams ought to report the matter to the Police instantly. Should Singaporeans overseas require consular help, they’ll contact the closest Mission or name the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 24-hr Duty Office at +65 6379 8800/+65 6379 8855.
Read more Taiwan travel restrictions vaccine – Indochina Airlines