LEAVING HOME WITH CIGARS? Take your sticks alongside & hold them smoke-ready
Your cigars are calling to you from inside your humidor. (The sound may be muffled by Boveda, however you possibly can nonetheless hear them.)
They noticed you are taking your baggage out.
They know you’re leaving.
So why not throw a few sticks in your bag to smoke at your remaining vacation spot?
WHAT MAKES A TRAVEL HUMIDOR WORK WELL?
Whether you’re heading throughout the nation, up to the lake or simply out for the day, humidity management doesn’t take a trip. Leaving cigars with out humidity management—even for a few hours—can harm your cigars, have an effect on their burn and diminish their taste. So depart room in that cigar case or journey humidor for Boveda.
Unlike moist cedar strips, sponges and 1-way humidifiers, Boveda won’t make your cigars soggy. Boveda’s 2-way humidity management solely provides or removes moisture if it’s wanted. Then Boveda maintains a fixed relative humidity (RH) degree in your humidor.And even in shut quarters, Boveda can safely contact your cigars.
In the market for a journey humidor or cigar case? Ask your self:
- Where are you taking your cigars?
- How many cigars will you pack?
- What would you like to retailer together with your sticks?
- What’s your funds?
- What look are you going for?
What is the distinction between a cigar case and journey humidor?
A cigar case is extra like a pockets or a passport case and fewer like a keep it up. Holds a few cigars for shorter excursions. Keeps your cigars and their equipment in one handy, elegant place. Frees up room in your briefcase, purse and pockets. More of an on a regular basis carry-all than long-term storage.
Cigar circumstances are excellent for:
- Professional conferences
- Nights out
- Day journeys
- Weekend getaways
- Golf outings
What to Look for in a Cigar Case
- Full-grain leather-based
- Durable steel zipper
- Room to stow cigar equipment, similar to a cigar stand, cutter and lighter
- Smart add-ons, together with a pocket for enterprise playing cards, a pen and a sensible cellphone
- Space for Boveda Humidor Bag
- Fine sufficient to pull out throughout a networking occasion, dinner or herf
A Peter James Leather Cigar Case, from $300 to $445. Dropping a few hundo on a Peter James cigar case? Spring $40 further for its Guardian, too. The aluminum tray slides into the cigar pocket to additional defend your sticks. Choosing a leather-based cigar case means you’ll sacrifice humidity management for model, except you zip your cigars into a small Boveda Humidor Bag that’s been preloaded with Boveda earlier than pocketing that Peter James.
A journey humidor is extra like an attaché case or sort out field than a pockets. (You would possibly hear them additionally referred to as Pelican™ circumstances.) They’re usually hermetic and watertight. Many cigar lovers use these powerhouses as their residence humidors in addition to long-term journey storage.More for operate, much less for present. Xikar® Travel Humidors, from $29.99 to $99.99.
Heavy-duty journey humidors are excellent for:
- Longer holidays
- Trips to dry or humid locales (Desert, seaside, mountains or waterfront)
What to Look For
- Industrial-grade gasket that creates an hermetic and watertight seal
- Strong closures or snaps
- Room to retailer various cigar lengths and ring gauges
- Foam trays to safe sticks
- Space for Boveda
- Strong sufficient to drive a truck over
Armored Humidor System®, from $49.99 to $104.99.
CAN’T DECIDE BETWEEN A CIGAR CARRYING CASE OR TRAVEL HUMIDOR?
Just like you’ve multiple piece of baggage—assume weekend duffle versus enterprise roll away—most cigar aficionados make investments in each a cigar case and a journey humidor. There is room in your life for each.
Or go for a extra dressed up journey humidor (simply don’t toss it round such as you would these hard-sided humidors). Davidoff calls its mannequin a journey humidor (it really works like a short-term humidor however exhibits like a cigar case). Its building, supplies and magnetic closure promise up to three weeks of humidity management.
Davidoff Travel Humidor, from $279 to $299. Davidoff’s tray has a versatile wave design that securely holds a few cigars and is crafted from scuba go well with materials. For extra exact humidity management, pop the Davidoff cigar cradle in a medium measurement Boveda Humidor Bag.
RATHER SPEND MONEY ON SMOKES THAN A FANCY CIGAR CASE OR TRAVEL HUMIDOR?
Boveda Humidor Bags are smart-priced moveable humidors. They’re light-weight and straightforward to match in a suitcase, briefcase or pocket. And Boveda Humidor Bags are versatile. Use them as your house humidor, journey humidor and cigar case.
- Zips closed to create an hermetic seal
- Works higher than store-bought sandwich baggage due to its powerful, high-barrier laminated building
- Provides the identical safety as a plastic container
- Comes prepacked with a patented Boveda 69% RH, which provides and removes moisture to defend your cigars
- Lasts about 1 12 months (substitute the Boveda 69% RH after 6 months or as soon as it turns into exhausting and inflexible)
Traveling with Boveda
Read more Humidor travel case – Indochina Airlines